Saturday, September 26, 2009

One toe short

This post was inspired by my friend Krista, who's dealing with a similar ailment.

A couple of months ago, in the midst of my yoga teacher training, I sprained two of my toes. This sucked, of course, because it meant I had difficulty participating in the remainder of the course. But at least I still had a car to help me get around, and I learned to suck it up and deal with the pain before long.

A few days ago, while getting up out of bed, I managed to break one of my nearly-healed toes. This sucks a lot more because I live in London where I need to walk a lot. And dance a lot. And work a lot with special needs students who have no qualms about crushing my toes.

But I'm still sucking it up and dealing with the pain (which is not limited to my toe, but cramping up my calf as well), because life is not nearly as fulfilling without walking and dancing and working with special needs kids. Capoeira may need to be put on hold for a while longer, though, which is very sad indeed.

4 comments:

  1. Yikes! I had foot surgery two years ago - I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about walking a lot in London. Good thing is that you can get around pretty far with the Tube system. I love it. I noticed that my leg muscles (particularly my calf) had more definition due to all the walking I've been doing. At the end of the day, my legs and feet were sore - but a good kind of feeling though. Don't forget to stretch.

    I hope your toes heal quickly. But I'm glad you have a car to lessen some of the walking. This might be time to practice your charm and have people around you fetch you things/run errands for you. I know I would. :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Dexter. I don't actually have a car anymore, though. Sold it before I came over here.

    ReplyDelete