Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Frolicking through the Shire

Today was the day that made the whole trip to Iceland worthwhile. Caving was incredible. I'll write more about it when I have time, but for now let me summarize it this way: I felt like I was in the Lord of the Rings. There's no other way to explain the hills, the moss, the volcanic rock, the mist. Exhausting yet exhilarating, frightening yet liberating. There were moments when I questioned the sanity of leaving my life up to near strangers. Thankfully, it turns out that my life was in good hands.

The Flybus picks me up in less than 5 hours, so I'm going to attempt to get some sleep. Perhaps I'll write from the airport, but if not... take care out there in the blogosphere. I'm not sure when I'll have internet access again.

2 comments:

  1. Caving in Iceland! Awesome!

    I absolutely insist you follow through on the promise of a more detailed post! I suspect my imagination isn't doing the real experience justice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It already sounds like you are having the time of your life! <3

    ReplyDelete