Friday, September 11, 2009

Leaving Home

I have quite a bit of blogging to catch up on, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to present it all to you in a lump sum of entries.

The hardest part of moving to London has most definitely been having to say goodbye to my life and friends in Ottawa.



Over the past three to four years, I've formed deeper relationships with people than I ever have at any other point in my life. These people have had a profound effect on me... for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse, in good times and bad times, in sickness and in health.

But while it has been difficult to say goodbye, my leaving has also brought us closer together. Ruined friendships were rekindled. Opportunities were seized. Moments were shared.

Sometimes, I think, saying goodbye is the only way to say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment