Friday, October 16, 2009

To do list: half-term break

Schools run year-round in the UK, so we benefit from quite a few 1-2 week breaks throughout the year. The first one is coming up at the end of October. Although I had originally planned on going to Italy, I haven't worked enough yet to be able to afford a holiday so I'll be sticking around London. Thankfully, there are quite a few cool things that can be done here for free, or at least cheap.

Things I'd like to do over half-term break
- British Museum, Victoria & Albert Museum, Tate Modern, and Science Museum (all free)
- Kensington Gardens (free)
- Borough Market (free, if I can control myself)
- Rent a paddle boat in Regent's Park (not sure how much, but it can't be too expensive)
- Exhibition and Globe Theatre Tour (£10.50, or £8.50 if I can convince them I'm a student)
- Sit in on a trial at the Old Bailey (free)
- Find a nice spot to do some writing and drawing (free, plus cost of art supplies)
- Attend some workshops at the University College London (free)
- Go on a walking tour (£7, or £5 if I can convince them I'm a student)
- Learn stonemasonry (£10, or £8)

If you're going to be in London and would like to join me for any of this, or you have some ideas of your own, please let me know!

3 comments:

  1. hey Bryn! you should definitely check out the National Gallery if you haven't already. we went there tonight and it was incredible. not only the art (Da Vinci, Van Gogh, Michealangelo, etc), but the actual building itself is so amazing. and heads up about Borough, don't even try to control yourself, there's just far too much amazing food!! and it's worth every penny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll go with you... to anything/everything! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bryn
    I'm tagging you for the Classroom Canada blog game:

    You rock! I love your blog! Come to the Maple Leaf Pub on November 3rd at 6pm to celebrate your awesomeness with Classroom Canada. Can't wait to see you there!

    Please pass this on to another blogger you'd like to see there. Thanks :-)
    Victoria

    PS) For Borough Market, if you go when it's really busy and you're hungry, then you can just eat heaps and heaps of samples of the amazing cheeses. The people handing them out stop paying attention because they're so overwhelmed by the crowds, so you can just visit the same cheese person again and again. Sooo naughty, sooo yummy.

    ReplyDelete