Sunday, August 15, 2010

Travel plans 2010-2011

This past year (September 2009 to present), I visited 5 countries I'd never been to before: Iceland, Wales (yes, I'm treating all the nations in the UK as separate countries), Spain, Sweden, and India. This coming year, I want to visit at least 10 more.

My plans are certainly subject to change, but I thought I'd start loosely plotting now... mostly because it's fun and exciting to think about it. I'm looking for travel buddies! If you'd like to come along, meet me somewhere, or invite me along on your adventures, please do. My travel dates are pretty much tied to the UK school schedule, though.

Late October: Italy (Genoa for Be-Lindy Zena Camp, Cinque Terre, Rome, Naples)

Early December: Ireland (quick getaway in Galway for The Crave)

New Years: Sweden (Stockholm for Snowball)

Late February: Tour through the Netherlands (Amsterdam), Germany (Berlin, Dresden, Frankfurt), and Czech Republic (Prague)

Mid April: Portugal for surf camp? Tour of Southern France? Who knows...

Late May/Early June: Greece (some island somewhere)

Late July/August: Africa (Ghana + possibly others)

That brings me to at least 7 or 8 new countries right there (since I've already been to Sweden and France). Somehow, I also want to sneak in trips to Belgium (Bruges!), Scotland (Edinburgh!), and other parts of England (Cornwall!). I'm also looking for a way (if I can afford it) to rack up 4000 more Aeroplan/Star Alliance points before the end of 2010. I want my Elite status, baby!

I'm also happy to go wherever you want me to teach, of course. And next time, I'll even build in at least a day for sight seeing. It feels like cheating to claim I've been to Sweden -- I never got to see anything!

Ahhhh another exciting year is about to start. I've experienced and grown so much over this past year, and I can't wait to see what lies ahead.

3 comments:

  1. We looooved Galway! And edinbrugh and the south of France!! And Bruges! Hahaha. Let me know if you want any hostel or things to do suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you hit the greek island, and are looking for quitness, try Sikinos, 12 km long, with only about 300 inhabitants in 2 small villages, with few tourist and thus a big long beach for almost only yourselfs.

    ReplyDelete