Sunday, August 1, 2010

"Home"

I'm back. Two glorious weeks in the bubble that is Long Bay Camp... a world without internet, money, or other modern distractions. Just nature, people, and art. Lots of art. I did so much art, I was bursting at my creative seams.

It's nice to be back in the real world among friends, dancing, proper beds, and social media, but I have to be honest... I miss London a lot. In a way I just couldn't while I was at camp.

Ottawa is a sort of middle ground; not a megacity, not the middle of nowhere. I think that's what I've always liked about it, but now it feels like it's not enough of one either one. I want either a dock on a lake or a thriving metropolis. Not this tame, manicured, small-yet-clumsily-travelled-without-car, quiet little city (in the country of expensive food!). I used to believe (not very long ago) that Ottawa would always be my home, no matter where in the world I lived. How quickly that has changed. It's a tough realisation.

Ottawa does still hold two big pieces of my heart, though: dancing and friends. I plan to take advantage of both, as much as possible, so long as I am here. And make a bigger effort to introduce more of both in my daily life when I get home.

I leave you with some of my memories from camp...

Two of my favourite campers.


A captured moment.


One of my best friends visits me.


Day trip to Westport.


Multicoloured fire.


Synchronized jumping competition.


The staff team's genius plan to lose until the last second in the swimming race.


Synchronized swimming.


On set for our musical, The Venus Fly Trap.


More Venus Fly Trap.


A promo shot.


Dance party in the barn.


Panorama shot outside the barn (how I love my new camera).


And with that... So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye.

1 comment:

  1. Love the panarama picture Bryn! I need one of those cameras. :-)

    ReplyDelete