Thursday, August 5, 2010

Standing too close to reality

Today is one of those days when the realities of life and death have come out screaming in my face. They are standing so close and shouting so loud that I can barely process it all. I don't know how to feel, so I feel... shock.

Last night, for the first time in my adult life, a friend passed away. He died in his sleep, presumably without warning. I am half comforted and half scared by that fact. He was 31 years old.

My heart goes out to his wife and two daughters, whom he loved with all his heart and who loved him with all of theirs. They were a beautiful family. The type you look up to, hoping to have the same one day.

RIP Keith Shapiro. You gave us all so much.

3 comments:

  1. im so sorry bryn, he sounds like he was an awesome guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Amie. He was one of the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. I'm so sorry Bryn. I only ever interacted with Keith via the podcast, you know via email etc. He was a really lovely guy and I'm so sad to hear that he's gone. How does shit like this happen?

    ReplyDelete