Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My life is rough, I tell ya

As we speak, I am lounging on a deck chair, listening to the roar of the Pacific Ocean. I never want to leave.

Yesterday, we took a boat out to the sandbar, which is essentially a beach in the middle of the ocean. People set up chairs, tents, and even barbeques... right in the water.


Today, we headed out to Coconut (Gilligan's) Island.


Famous for its place in the opening credits of Gilligan's Island, it is now a research facility owned by the University of Hawaii. We got to learn all about its history and a little about their current research. I met some sharks, conspicuous sea cucumbers, feather duster worms, a baracuda, and a very friendly puffer fish who followed us around.


This afternoon, we headed over to Honolulu to go parasailing.


This isn't us, but it could have been. I'm regretting not bringing my camera up for the ride. I was going to, but then chickened out... worrying that I might drop it in the ocean. But the ride is fairly gentle and I could have held on to it, no problem. Oh well. I'll know for next time!

Tomorrow, we're getting up at the crack of dawn to drive to the other side of the island for our dolphin/sea turtle adventure. Can't wait!

Have I mentioned that I never want to leave?

No comments:

Post a Comment