Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunshine and lollipops (no more rainbows for now, please... I'm tired of the rain)

Forgive me, readers, for I have sinned. It has been 3 weeks since my last blog entry.

Last time I wrote, I spoke of my loneliness in London and my plans to do something about it. Do something, I have. My social calendar has been downright packed ever since! The changing weather has helped a lot too. I think the dreary London winters really encourage people to crawl into their holes, but as soon as the sun comes out, they all crawl out again in droves. Literally. Anyway, the combination of sun and socializing have gone far toward improving my mood.

And so has... being in Hawaii! I arrived here on the island of Oahu a couple of evenings ago. It's remarkable how very different it is from London and yet how very at home I feel. We're staying in an incredible beach house in Lanikai/Kailua. And yesterday, in fulfillment of the main purpose for my trip, my dad and his wife had their ring blessing here. It was fun and lighthearted and I met dozens of new people.


Isn't it beautiful? That's the view from our back yard!

Other than that, I haven't been up to much yet. After encountering at least 40-50 Man o' Wars on the beach yesterday, I wasn't brave enough to get in the water.

I have quite a few exciting plans for the rest of this trip, though. Swimming with wild dolphins and turtles, surfing, parasailing... the list goes on! I can't wait. But until then... aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment