Saturday, June 19, 2010

Life goes on

Ok, so it's been a while...

Nathan and I broke up last week. I sort of had over a month's warning, but I'm still having a rough go of it, cycling through the 5 stages of grief on repeat.

We remain good friends, though. Last weekend, we even managed to spend a perfectly delightful day together in Brighton, wherein I dipped my feet in the (much colder than in Hawaii) ocean and we strolled along the pier, sampled sinfully indulgent Thai food, poked through a museum where I found a chair that I will one day own, browsed (ok, shopped) in quirky little shops, played board games in a pub, and generally decided that Brighton is much more than what meets the average tourist's eye (though the touristy stuff was fun as well). There are no pictures, sadly, because my dad managed to drown my camera on our dolphin excursion and Nathan was lazy about using his ;)

Other than that, I'm looking forward to heading back to Canada in 22 days. Spending a few hours with friends during my layover in Ottawa was amazing but also made me really homesick for the first time since I moved here. I'll be spending a week in Ottawa followed by two weeks at the best camp in the universe followed by four more weeks in Ottawa and then topped off by a weekend near Boston (for a dance event). Then home. Yes, London is home.

Once I get back, I have no idea what the next year will have in store for me. But I didn't know what to expect when I first arrived, either. If there's one certainty I can cling to, it's that it won't be boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment