Saturday, May 1, 2010

Honey, I'm home!

Ok, so I've been home for 4.5 days now, but I spent all of that time working and recovering from my trip. Now it's a 3 day weekend and I can finally breathe a sigh of relief!

Let me just say... Madrid is amazing. It is one of the prettiest places I have ever seen. Since I had no map, guidebook, or clue, I decided to bite the bullet and start my trip with an unusual-for-me indulgence: a double-decker bus tour. Worth every euro.






We even went past the Museo del Jamon (Museum of Ham) and an elephant standing on its trunk.


None of the elephants I saw in India (limited to cartoony statues at the train stations) were anywhere near this cool.

After a few hours of bus riding, I capped off the day with a stroll through the Botanical Gardens...


... and some yummy gelato in a plaza. Essential to any European holiday.

At the end of it all, I was just as wiped as I am after writing this entry. And so, mis amigos, the rest of my trip will have to wait to be documented another day.

1 comment:

  1. Wow... Those shots are amazing. Looks like a great time there Bryn...

    RobH

    ReplyDelete