Saturday, April 24, 2010

Girl without a clue

After a very long day of travelling that began at 2:30 am (GMT +05:30) and finished at 6:30 pm (GMT +01:00), I made it to my hostel in Madrid. One desperately needed shower later, I went out for a bit of a walk to see if I could find someplace to buy a map and/or guidebook and/or food. No luck on any account (I found food but it was all so expensive). So I took a 12 hour "nap" in my very squeaky top bunk.

Here's the trouble with an impromptu trip to Spain from India:
- There are no Madrid guidebooks to be found in Delhi
- All the guidebooks in Madrid are in Spanish
- I don't have any Madrid-appropriate clothes to wear

Oh well. I've loaded up on hostel-provided coffee, cereal, and Nutella toast, and soon I will go out wandering and hopefully not get lost. Someone's gotta have a map to sell me. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment