Thursday, April 22, 2010

Goodbye paneer, hello tapas!

I'm leaving for Spain in 15 hours. After all this waiting and anticipation, it turns out it's a little bittersweet. It's going to be tough leaving the man who's been my rock throughout this whole stressful ordeal... but I'll see him again in about a month, so I guess that's ok.

It's funny how important food has become for me over the past few weeks. Growing up in a cosmopolitan society, I've always taken it for granted that I can get any kind of food I want, any time I want it. It's a lot tougher to do that here in India. I find my mouth watering at the thought of the middle eastern food I hope to get on the plane, the tapas I'll find in Madrid, and the ploughman's sandwich I can't wait to sink my teeth into as soon as I get back to London.

Speaking of which... no need to worry, family members. I won't be stranded indefinitely in Madrid. Getting on a train proved impossible, but I did manage to get a flight to Paris and then one to London. I'll be home Monday evening, at long last.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm really looking forward to getting back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment