Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sicko

The only real downside so far to living in London is that I've been sick pretty much non-stop since I got here. I've heard that it's normal; being on a new continent means the germs play a whole different kind of ballgame. Doesn't make it any more fun, though.

I wound up calling in sick this morning... I was just so totally out of it, I knew I wouldn't be able to function properly even if I managed to get through (what seemed like) an epic journey to get there. Four hours of sleep later, I'm feeling much better but also totally guilty.

I'm forming a pretty tight bond with my 1-1 student (henceforth known as S) and I hate that I'm not there for her today. It's worse than feeling ill. I think next time, I will have to be on my deathbed before I call in.

Lesson learned.

1 comment:

  1. ughhh i ALWAYS feel guilty when i call in sick, even if i'm ready to go to the hospital. but it's better to take one day now rather than a bunch of days later because you didnt take time to recover!

    ReplyDelete