Thursday, December 17, 2009

Downs and Ups

I have been on one heck of a roller coaster this week.... and not the fun kind you queue up for while chowing down your candy floss. Several big things in my life were threatening to go very, very wrong. I was really trying hard to accept it, and to remember that everything happens for a reason, but I was still deeply depressed about it. Now (hopefully... knock on wood) they seem to be going right again.

Long days at school, too. The kids know that Christmas is coming and they're unwilling to wait. We're supposed to get 20 cm of snow tonight (gah... I came here to get away from snow!), and that may well mean our Christmas break will begin early, after all. Despite being totally wiped, I'm not happy about that at all. I really can't afford not to get paid and I still need to say a proper adieu to everyone.

On the bright side, the British Airways strike has been blocked so we're still on for Barcelona. Now I just have to pray that we don't get snowed in. I had a dream that we would, and I've been eerily psychic about some things lately.

On another bright side, I finally had coffee with Amie yesterday, after many weeks of saying we should. It was great to have a chance to vent with another Canadian TA who's going through a lot of the same stuff I am. And, of course, to hang out with her--she's super fun and awesome. I can't wait for Saturday's potluck at her place!

I apologize for the messy rant; my mind is messy this week, so this is what you get. I'm off to enjoy some spaghetti and mulled wine, and to write my Christmas cards... on the off chance I actually get to deliver them tomorrow.

1 comment: