Thursday, November 26, 2009

Holidays

Travel was one of my primary motivators for moving to London, and working in a school means I get lots of time off to do just that. Since I missed going away during the last break, I'm eagerly plotting out the rest of the year...

Not a vacation, but it is a holiday: today is Thanksgiving for my American family and friends. Hope you all have a happy one! I'll be celebrating it on Saturday. I'm so lucky to get two Thanksgivings this year, despite living in a country that doesn't even celebrate one.

Next up, of course, is Christmas. My guy and I are going to try to go away somewhere. I'm hoping for Spain. Mmmm... Spain. Mmmm... warm sun.

The next school break is in February and I don't know yet what I'm doing. Anyone want to plan something?

After that, there's a two week break in April. I've decided I'm going to Prague for the Prague Spring Swing Festival. I've only registered for the dances, not the classes, so I'll be free to explore during the day and then will likely stay a few extra days. I think I'll take the train home so I can hit up a few more cities on the way back (Berlin, Amsterdam, Bruges, and Brussels?). Let me know if you're interested in coming along. I'd love company!

The May/June break, I'm off to Hawaii for my dad's wedding. I'm super excited about it, but not about the 5000 hour journey there and back.

Then finally, the school year ends at the end of July... at which point I plan on trekking back to Canada to teach at Long Bay Camp (Yay! So happy to be going back!), visit friends in Ottawa, and hopefully also get out to Edmonton to see my dad and sort through my belongings. Then fly back to London (possibly via Copenhagen?) and head up to Edinburgh for the Fringe and other assorted festivals. I can't wait. Everyone keeps telling me Edinburgh is incredible.

Whew, what a year! It'll certainly be a memorable one. Now all I need to do is figure out how I'm going to pay for it all. Details, details, right?

2 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to come to Prague with you! I just have to convince my family and my jobs to come along too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, we're going to spain for the feb break, i can't wait! i'll look forward to hearing about it if you go for christmas!!

    ReplyDelete