Monday, October 4, 2010

Yo practico espanol

A couple of weeks ago, my agency presented me with the possibility of going to Madrid for a few months to work as an English tutor. I have no idea whether or not I'll get the job (though I have my fingers very firmly crossed -- I *heart* Madrid!), but I've started (again) to teach myself Spanish just in case. It's something I've been meaning to do for ages, anyway.


I study at least a little bit every day, and I've made noticeable progress, though I'm completely useless unless I can see the words. Castilians speak so quickly and with such a funny accent (my North American ears are more accustomed to Latino Spanish) that I have no idea which words have been said, let alone what they mean. I guess immersion and time are the only answers.

In the meantime, if you have any tips, resource recommendations, or want to teach/practice with me, I'd love to hear about it!

1 comment: