Sunday, January 10, 2010

It was love at first sight...


We've only just met, but it's official: I'm in love with Oxford. Sometimes you just know right away. I mean, it has everything going for it... it's beautiful, quirky, cozy, lively, full of brilliant/interesting people, you can walk across town, and it only takes an hour and as little as £4 to get to London. That's no worse than travelling within London! They even have weekly West Coast Swing dances, which is more than I can say for The Big Smoke.

Also, the locals manage to make snow seem fun:




And when your extremities can't handle the cold a second longer, there is always a neat little pub with a fireplace you can dash into... or a swanky tea house, serving some of the finest coffee in England.

I really think I may have just found my niche. I'm looking at PGCE programs for September, and the program at Oxford Brookes University just shot right to the top of my list.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! Oxford is so beautiful. There is the coolest pubs there, especially this one called "The Turf". We tried to go there but it was packed with University students as it was their 'matriculation' the weekend we were there. Glad you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Turf was the first pub we went to, and we were lucky that it was empty at the time. That's where that beer snowman is from!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. You have some gorgeous ones too!

    ReplyDelete