Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Not all bad

So often when people talk about teacher training, they talk about how hard, how stressful, and how much work it is. I often find myself telling others (and myself) the same. The reality it is that it is hard, it is a lot of work, and it can sometimes be stressful... but I'm also really enjoying it.

There have been a few days when I've questioned whether this is what I really want to do. The fact that I've wanted it for so long is acting as a double-edged sword: being so close to my goal after all these years is freaking me out, but of course this is what I want. I can't imagine myself being happy doing anything else.

I've really been blessed. My group at uni is full of great people who get on really well. I've been placed in a dream class in an outstanding school linked with other outstanding schools with a very kind and encouraging supervisor and two very helpful class teachers (and there's a bump on a log in a hole at the bottom of the sea). I've been getting positive feedback on all my work. I'm being handed all sorts of unexpected opportunities and training. I'm learning every day. And you know what? So far I've been completely capable of managing the workload.

There'll be days when I'll feel differently, and on those days I hope I remember to look back at this.

PS - After all that stressing over the numeracy test, I decided to just get it over and done with. I rebooked for last Saturday and passed! Phew. I still can't finish my school's gold medal times table challenge in the allotted time, but I'm getting closer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment