Thursday, June 7, 2012

As good as new

The time has come to reinvent this blog. It began as a peephole into the life of a transplanted Canadian learning what it meant to work as a TA in inner London. It's been nearly 3 years now, and while I continue to learn and discover new things, I am well and truly settled. Britain is as much my home (if not more) as Canada ever was and I only have 6 weeks left of working as a TA. Soon, I will be learning what it means to be a trainee teacher.

I am beyond thrilled to have been accepted by one of the top teacher training providers in the world. I've wanted to be a teacher since I was 13 years old and now that I'm coming up to 29, it's definitely time. I feel as well-prepared as I could ever possibly be. I am also terrified. 

I know that the year ahead is going to be a challenge. I know that I'm going to have to fight my inner procrastinator with everything I have if I'm going to survive. I know that my current sense of confidence is likely to be crushed, then hopefully rebuilt. I know there's a very real possibility that one or both of my placement schools will make my life a living hell. But I was born to teach, and that's what I will do. I will rise from the ashes. I've gotten this far, and I will not let anything or anyone (including myself) take that away from me.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'd like this blog to turn into a place for me to wrap my head around ideas, trials, and tribulations. If you're not into that sort of thing, I won't be offended if you stop reading. Hopefully there are others out there who can benefit from and/or add to my experiences. 

So on that note... welcome to a day in the trenches.

No comments:

Post a Comment